Get guides that simplify and schedule books to read and kits to use for a year's worth of science, two or four days a week, fifteen minutes a day and up.
Biology 2 (Grades 4-6)
Biology 2 is the open-and-go curriculum that has everything you need to get science done in a year: books, experiment kits, a schedule that coordinates biology readings and experiments, and a student notebook to retain the year's lessons. Biology 2 is perfect for readers interested in biology who can read 4th - 6th Grade material, typically ages 9-12.
Inside Biology 2
Major Topics Covered in Biology 2:
- Microscopic World
- Biological Classifications
- Fish and Other Water Creatures
- Birds and Other Flying Creatures,
- Reptiles and Amphibians
- Ecology and Conservation
- Human Body
- Seeds and Flowers
- Instructor's Guide
- Lab Manual
- Living Books
- Science Encyclopedia by Usborne
- Animals: A Visual Encyclopedia
- The Body Book
- The World of the Microscope
- Experiment Kits by The Young Scientists Club
- Kit #28 Seeds, Fruits, and Other Plant Parts
- Kit #29 Eggs
- Kit #30 Owls
- AmScope 120X-1200X 52-pcs Kids Beginner Microscope STEM Kit with Metal Body Microscope, Plastic Slides, LED Light and Carrying Box
- AmScope Color-coded Prepared Plastic Microscope Slides
- Instructor's Guide sample
- Regular improvements to our curriculum demand changes in resources, so this sample may not match resources currently offered and listed in the package.
- Lab Manual Pages
- Blank lab pages
- Complete list of household materials for experiments
- Ebook: Four Myths of Homeschool Science
We love Noeo!
This is a great program. I'm a first time homeschooler and I'm trying to keep my 3rd and 6th grader in line with the public school in hopes of them returning someday. It truly is an open and go curriculum and it allows for a great deal of flexibility with additional experiments and research. It only got 4 stars, because I would LOVE to have an extra experiments add on. I wish there were more and I'm not prepared enough as a new homeschooler to know how to fit additional experiments in. It would be worth it to me to have the option to purchase extra hands on assignments.
The teacher guide is very logically arranged and easy to use. I love Usborne books ,but kids aren’t generally going to sit down and read the whole thing. Using Noeo gives just enough direction to use the books to study a particular topic. The quick links often lead my kids to follow rabbit trails and find other great resources.
Comes with everything your family needs.
Every Noeo package comes with books, matching experiments, and difficult-to-find materials that multiple kids can share and usually reuse for a year of science.
Living books, hands-on experiments, real world science.
In contrast with a single textbook approach, we think that living books, hands on experiments, lab notebooks, and other activities will encourage more interest in science.